Valid-653TM / Rapid-653TM
Valid-653 & RAPID-653 are a pair of complementary solutions for ARINC-653 development. Valid-653 is a pure and complete implementation of the ARINC-653 APEX (APplication/EXecutive) interface for Integrated Modular Avionics (IMA) systems and other safety-critical environments. RAPID-653 for Windows® is an ARINC-653 simulator running on top of Windows Win32 operating system that enables the rapid development, prototyping and debugging of ARINC-653 applications on familiar, easy-to-use Microsoft Visual Studio® platforms.
Valid-653 implements full time and space partitioning. Applications are separated into separate Memory Management Unit (MMU)-controlled partitions on a single processor. Each partition is guaranteed a slice of time for execution as specified by the system designer. Processes inside each partition are scheduled on a priority-preemptive basis, similar to traditional RTOSes, with complete buffer, blackboard, semaphore, and event services, along with sampling and queued ports for inter-partition use.
Valid-653 is available for both
safety-certified and non-safety-critical systems.
Additional benefits of Valid-653 are:
- Higher Software Portability. Using the ARINC-653 industry standard, embedded system designers can now easily migrate and re-use application software to new platforms with minimal rework.
- Reduced Software Verification. Re-use of software already qualified on existing systems can now be quickly deployed in new environments with minimal re-testing. In addition, new software can be added to existing systems without re-testing the entire platform.
- Mixing of Different Criticality Software. All systems enjoy the freedom to mix different criticality level software in separate MMU-controlled partitions. This feature enables the use of trusted and untrusted software on the same platform, removing the need for additional processors and/or qualification cycles.
- Support for Heterogeneous and Custom Environments. Valid-653 not only supports the complete ARINC-653 API, but also supports running in-house and commercial/proprietary OS/APIs in its partitions. This enables the mixed use of legacy code and new code on the same Valid-653™ silicon platform.
A complete Validation Suite™ is available for Valid-653 for all safety levels, including RTCA DO-178C Level A, EUROCAE ED-12C Level A and IEC 61508 SIL4.
Validated Software can port Valid-653 to any semiconductor platform that supports robust hardware-based memory management for software partitioning.
Features and Benefits:
- You choose the processor, compiler, and assurance level
- Extensive hardware testing of APIs and services assure robustness of test results across multiple OS configurations
- Complete life-cycle documentation for
- Project, planning process and procedure documents
- Software requirements, design documents, development standards and source code
- All reviews, checklists and audit trails
- Unit, integration, coverage test code
- All unit, integration, coverage results generated on your target hardware
- Configuration index, Software accomplishments summary, trace matrices, user manual
- Easy to use, certification ready package
- No-questions asked compliance guarantee
- Committed to meeting your current and future needs -
additional Validation Suites available for immediate use:
- NAND, NOR, SDCard host drivers
- SPI, I2C, CAN, RS232, RS422, RS485, …
- Low-level initialization, boot-strap, power management IC, GPIO management
Validated Software offers it's Valid-653 and Rapid-653 RTOS for specialized markets requiring full time and space partitioning.